Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simply Discovering.. What was it again?

Music, that's right. This Blog is about MUSIC.
M-obs
U-sing
S-killz
I-n
C-reation

Yeah, that acronym may not be perfect, but it sure is a hmm of fun. Don't look at me like that.

To start this bad boy off, let's have some fun.
Llama Llama Duck Song

Yeah, not exactly the greatest song of all time, but pretty funny the first time you see it. This is a childhood song for me, and while we're on that track...
Numa Numa
This is the first song that I listened to over... and over... and over again.
Next, I don't know if you've ever appreciated children's music, on Nick Junior and Disney etc.
I promise you I never have. Just listen to THIS song you'll know why. Dora, the Explora. Not exactly the epitome of music. However, just the other day I was watching Nick Junior with my niece, and this show started to play. I watched it for a little while with her, when they started to sing, I was like, "This isn't half bad!" Therefore, I would like to congratulate Nick Junior on creating a TV show with decent music. The Fresh Beat Band.

Now that I've done that whole buis, time to move on to a straight up journalist style review of the song Make You Pop:

Make You Pop by Diplo and Don Diablo
5 Stars for Excellence
I first heard the song Make It Pop on a Blackberry Torch Commercial, the second it came on I started bouncing up and down on the couch. A couple weeks later, the song suddenly returned to my head and I had to figure out what it was. Make It Pop is a dynamic techno song, although slow in the beginning, when it hits the chorus you can't help but to be rocking your head to the rhythm with a sick base line in the chorus and the classic techno beat in the background. The verses have overdubbed electronic voices, that make the listener feel the rhythm. The best part of this from this reviewer's perspective is the lead up to the chorus where the electronic girls voice says "Jacked it" with a heavy drum beat in the background. There is a pause until she says "Pop-pop-pop". After this, the whole world explodes with the base, and the heavy base drum in the background. If you own skull candy headphones, this is the time to pump the volume and shove them in! Make It Pop will make you want to move, whether you like techno or not. Check this song out, or you'll regret missing it.


Yup, I just wrote it like I did. By the way, if you want a shout-out in my blog, leave me a comment, and I'll give to all you adoring fans. All one of you. "No, I'm not talking about myself Mom!"

Thanks for reading today's edition of Simply Discovering Music. This is DJ Ultimate signing out with your five songs.
Daily post 5 Song Tidbit: 
Since I obviously couldn't count in my last post and gave you four, here's a bonus :)
Make You Pop by Diplo and Don Diablo
The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
Bach Street Prelude by Vanessa-Mae
Every Tongue by Sovereign Grace Music
Stop and Stare by One Republic
House of Mirrors by Tenth Avenue North

No comments:

Post a Comment