Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh... Reality... Why can't we... Seem to fly...

So, you're back yet again. I'm suprised, I thought you would have ran far away by now. I thought the hippo would get you for sure. Anywayyy...

Yup, I'm back. (Everyone cowers in fear.) No, but if you listened to my song tidbits, you'll know that my title is the wrong lyrics for Oh!Gravity... Well, that's because today I'm gonna share one of my songs! Weee! This song is called, unsurprisingly Reality.. Mmhm. "I'm gonna give all my secrets away."

Reality
Verse 1:
C             Em       C                    Em                 
Papers on a desk, what will happen next?(CGEDE)
F    G   Am  G            .
Why do they see it grey?
C                 Em           C                 Em
People say that I'm, not looking at real time
 F   G   Am       G              .
But my glasses aren't rose red

Chorus:
C                            .
Reality has got its own way
G                      . 
Of making itself a sinister fray
F           Am        .
And yet,   I see,
G                                         .
A much more beautiful day

Verse 2:
C                           Em           C                    Em                 
Books that hold good tales, run circles round the trails
F    G        Am           G       .
People say that they just can't be true
C                 Em           C                 Em
Let's open up a book, and go and take a look
 F   G   Am         G             .
Looking at a man who made things new

Verse 3:
  C                                  Em          C                   Em.        
This man was named the Christ, he died so I could fight
             F    G        Am                        G      .
Yet scientists say that we're made for naught
      C            Em           C                 Em
But Jesus rose again, on Easter so that men
      F             G       Am         G             .
So we could finally reach to heaven's door

Bridge:
       Dm              C            G
And now it's a apparent to me
  Dm      C            G
That watcha see aint watcha see
Dm              C            G
You have to make a choice
    Dm                  C                  G
To choose between grey and the color

Wowie.. that took awhile to map out. So, when I place chords, I usually place them above the words that they are played on. Sometimes, for instance in the chorus, I place them before the words showing they are played before the words. Another thing that I do when I write out my chord sheet, (Especially when I'm writing) is I add the melody notes after the words. Looking at the first line, you can see it after it. If you were to sing the words to those notes, you would have the melody for the first line of my song. Neat huh?
Anyways, as to the actual writing of the song first you need an idea or a concept. I started with a word. Reality. This eventually became a song title, but it might not have in the end. It could have been "Seeing in Color", or something of that sort. From this idea I thought, and pondered, and expanded. Suddenly, it struck me, I would write about how because Jesus died for us, reality isn't a grey world anymore, it has meaning. I then went to add some sweet chords combo or a riff, and voila, I have me a song once I've written the lyrics. Half Inspiration, Half Perseverance. I think that anyone can write music, and I think everyone has the creative ability to do it.

Now you know my own secret formula for putting together a song. I hope you liked it, and enjoyed it, and will now watch the video of me playing and singing right here.
here  and here
Maybe here                       NOT here
Possibly here..... okay.. here
I think we've been over the fact that I like hyperlinks.
Cellphones... Are... Awesome... For... SONGING PLAYING OF MUSIC...
Sorry I lost control for a second there... What I was referring to is this-
I couldn't find it..

I feel like a failure at life. However, if I do, you'll be the first to know. Yes. You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8yyRV5r20(Pirates of the Caribbean)
This is a sad replacement.. But oh well.
I don't have much left to say, except God is good and he shall meet those who come to him in humility. :)
Daily post 5 Song Tidbit:
Anthem for American Teenagers by Jon Mclaughlin
Move by Flame (from new album Captured)
Warrior by Sojourn
Secrets by One Republic

1 comment: